The foundation of our service is an extensive and unique collection of billions of historical records that we have digitized, indexed and put online since 1996. We have developed efficient and proprietary systems for digitizing original historical documents, and have established relationships with national, provincial and local government archives, historical societies, religious institutions and private collectors of historical content around the world. These digital records and documents, combined with our proprietary online search technologies and tools, enable our subscribers to research their family history, build their family trees and make meaningful discoveries about the lives of their ancestors.
What we can do for your archives/society:
Our digitization efforts have helped archives around the world fulfill their mandates by providing the resources to scan and index millions of historical records and documents:
- Ancestry.ca can digitize your records relating to genealogy and provide digital data back at no cost in return for the license to publish the content on our site.
- Ancestry.ca can create and promote global access to your digitized and indexed content.
- Some projects allow us to offer financial arrangements.
- Projects can include document preparation and preservation.
- Ancestry.ca can work with existing data, or digitize from digital, microfilm and original records.
- Do you have records on the web? Ancestry.ca can include your indexes in our search results with a click through to your website for more information – giving you exposure to potentially millions of new users.
- Ancestry.ca can provide a dedicated archives partner page for your collections with data usage reports.
- Collaborative marketing and communications activity.
- Free access to Ancestry.ca at your offices and at your archives for patrons.
- Credit given to your archives as the source of the records; including promoting your archive logo on search screens and co-branded landing pages to describe the content.
- Join our affiliate program to have a click through banner on your site and receive a % of new signups.
- Nation-wide promotion of your archives will put you in the spotlight among Canadian users who make up your target audience.
Some of our content partners