Search for content in message boards

Jordan Jones, Nancy Allen, 1800's

Replies: 1

Jordan Jones, Nancy Allen, 1800's

Posted: 1443760723000
Classification: Query
Edited: 1443762163000
Surnames: Jones

I need more information on Jordan Jones, born 1798, who lived in Elbert County, Georgia in the early 1800's.

His first wife is supposedly a Nancy Allen, born March 13th, 1797, who died on September 25th, 1823.

Jordan Jones relocated from Elbert, Georgia to Shelby County, Alabama around 1836.

In the 1850, Shelby County, Census, a Drucilla Jones, born 1767 in Virginia, is living with him and his second wife, Lucy Nix.

Other than the 1850 Census and the fact that Jordan Jones led a wagon train and left with many of his neighboring families to Shelby County, Alabama in 1836, I have no early documentation for him or his marriages.

There is a Martin Jones, born 1816. There is also a Rebecca Jones, born 1817, that both married into the Busby Family of Shelby County, Alabama.

Martin Jones had a son, named Martin Erwin Brooks Jones. Martin Erwin Brooks Jones had a son that he named John Ervin Jones. This might be of some significance, as a man by the name of Irwin Bailey was associated with the Jones, Busby and Seale families.

Irwin Bailey was a 1st Lieutenant in the 31st Alabama Infantry, E Company. John A. Busby, the husband of Rebecca Jones, was a Private in the 31st Alabama Infantry, A Company. Joshua Seale was a Private in the 31st Alabama Infantry, K Company. Stephen Harmon Seale was a Private in the 31st Alabama Infantry, K Company. Hampton Busby married Susan A. Seale. Hampton Busby was a Justice of the Peace.

Jordan Jones, Justice of the Peace, married Martin Jones and Keziah Busby in Shelby County, Alabama on December 10th, 1840.

There is a Jordan Jones that is listed as a charter member of the Beaverdam Church, now Bethel Church in Longstreet District in Elmer County, Georgia. There are other Joneses listed among the charter members.

Jordan Jones is buried in the Irwin Bailey - Jones Cemetery in Alabama that is on land that Jordan owned. Irwin Bailey's daughter, Martha, married Asa Jones, although I do not know what the connection is between Asa Jones and Jordan Jones.

I think that one of Jordan Jones' daughters, Caroline Elizabeth Jones, was the wife of Irwin Bailey.

I am trying to prove or disprove that Jordan Jones is the father of Martin Jones and Rebecca Jones.

There are too many coincidences for these families to not be associated.

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Katherine Mea... 1443760723000 
judyartley261... 1448219067000 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic