Search the Boards

Search Results for "obediah" - 53 Messages

per page

Re: Perry's of Osage Oklahoma 1860 - 1900 Posted on: 21 Apr 2016, by  melissa Perry

Surnames > Perry

...from 1920 that said his father Ben was living with them. There were 3 brothers from that area that are Obediah Steven, Benjamine Franklin, and Nemiah or Myer. They are all in the civil war records for the me...

Re: Winifred Holliday, wife of Thomas Obediah Pulliam Posted on: 21 Jul 2016, by  lundybutler

Surnames > Holliday

I am o the Holladay line also. I am researching from my Grandmother Margaret Holladay (maiden) back as far as I can go. I have a few questions if anyone would like to answer them.

Re: Looking for Roberts Family..... Posted on: 30 May 2016, by  ddeloach0428

Localities > North America > United States > States > Kentucky > Counties > Breathitt

...not sure if she was born of William and Barbara Lockard or just raised by them. We were also told that Obediah Roberts had a child by the name of William with a woman named Sarah, and that the child was born...

Re: Another Mississippi John Chisholm Posted on: 17 Jul 2016, by  W.L. CHISHOLM

Surnames > Chisholm

...unambiguous records in the National Archives. His name was John O. Chisom/Chisum. The O. May have been for Obediah.

James JORDAN b.cc 1740 Virginia Colony married Sarah Stoghill Posted on: 09 Aug 2016, by  saltbreeze44m...

Surnames > Jordan

...specifically any who share James and Sarah as common ancestors. If you come though SAMUEL, CHARLES FLEMMING, OBEDIAH, MILES, REUBEN, WILLIAM, or JOHN JORDAN - sons of James and Sarah I desperately need...

Re: Looking for Roberts Family..... Posted on: 17 Aug 2016, by  ddeloach0428

Localities > North America > United States > States > Kentucky > Counties > Breathitt

Donna, My name is Debbie DeLoach, and my great grandfather was Obediah Roberts. My grandmother was his daughter, Mae Roberts. Do you have a tree on Ancestry, and if so, would you be willing to share it wi...

Re: Looking for Roberts Family..... Posted on: 17 Aug 2016, by  ddeloach0428

Nancy, My name is Debbie DeLoach. My great grandfather was Obediah Roberts. My grandmother was Mae Roberts. I was wondering if you have a family tree on Ancestry. I did a search but did not find you. I...

Re: Lena Wile Posted on: 23 Apr 2016, by  Penjdnick

Surnames > Wile

...find a marriage license for Jennie Wile and Thomas Sing, dated 24 Dec 1915 in Bridgewater and signed by Obediah Wile. I haven't been able to find any records for Thomas Sing and Jennie after the marriage lic...

Re: Samuel Eddy Posted on: 11 Jun 2016, by  Kevin Mullen

Surnames > Eddy

I've got John Eddy & his brother Obediah Eddy sons of Samuel Eddy & Elizabeth Savory has direct lne, then I also Samuel Eddy's sister Abigail (Eddy) Benjamin has a D...

Re: Obediah Nevill Posted on: 13 Apr 2016, by  Generations5

Surnames > Neville

Thank you for your reply about Obadiah Nevils. Is there a reason for 's on Nevils or was that just a spell-check error? There are so many variant spellings of this surname in SC. Jan

Re: Obediah Moore who went from Campbell VA to Butler Kentucky Posted on: 31 May 2016, by  WClayton43

Surnames > Moore

...(1800-1885) was married to Elizabeth Hendricks (1831 Campbell VA) and Phoebe Hendricks (1850 Butler KY). Obediah was the son of William Moore (1769 VA, prob. Westmoreland - 1848 Butler) and Nancy Asbury (17...

Revolutionary War Veteran Edward MILLER (b 03 Jan 1752, d aft 1840), of Henrico, Virginia Posted on: 06 Apr 2016, by  waroper

Localities > North America > United States > States > Virginia > Counties > Henrico

This is one of an occasional series further elaborating the primary evidence regarding one of the MILLER ancestors shown in the Henrico Personal Property Tax Lists in the early Federal Period. My pur...

Re: Obediah Mash Posted on: 13 May 2016, by  bobeddings

Topics > Ethnic / Race > Native American > Intertribal > Chiefs

...Internet's World Connect Project, to see what I could find about your Mash Family, here is what I found. Obediah Mash (listed as Marsh on the Internet) was born circa 1765 in Guilford Co., N.C.. On 12.25.18...

Re: Obediah Nevill Posted on: 17 May 2016, by  Generations5

Surnames > Neville

Thank you for your reply. Jan

Who were Jordan slaves of Clarke County, Mississippi, associated with? Posted on: 04 Jun 2016, by  Dora Smith

Topics > Ethnic / Race > African American > Mississippi

In the 1870 census, in Clarke County, District 3, Mississippi, Enterprise post office, I find almost three pages of Black people named Jordan, with no other surnames between them. I have a genealogi...

Re: Obediah MASH Posted on: 12 May 2016, by  KathyRoberts5...

Dottie Some dates and locations would be helpful. Not entirely sure what you mean by "Cherokee Headman", but the Cherokee never had a Chief named MASH. Nor does the surname appear in Cherok...

Re: Obediah Nevill Posted on: 13 Apr 2016, by  ubeestar

Surnames > Neville

Hi L_Neveil, I to am the 3rd great granddaughter of Obsidian Nevil's. I do not know much about him. Would like to talk with you. My Morris, Aldrich, Nevil's, plus a few others found out they came from...

Re: Obediah Nevill Posted on: 13 Apr 2016, by  ubeestar

Surnames > Neville

Hi generation5, his last name is Nevil's.

Re: OBADIAH TRIMMIER/WILLIAM TRIMYEAR? Posted on: 05 May 2016, by  dt1diver

Surnames > Trimmier

...All: After a several year hiatus, I have returned to genealogy land. I have no direct knowledge of the Obediah Trimmier Bible records. I have been able to sort out the relationships betwixt the Trimmier's,...

Re: Obediah Nevill Posted on: 07 May 2016, by  ubeestar

Surnames > Neville

Hi Generation my grandpa's last name is Nevils, he is in the Nevils cemetery forgot what town thought.

Re: Henry, Daniel Brown, NJ/Roanoke/Bedford 1757 Posted on: 26 May 2016, by  Amanda Hasty

Localities > North America > United States > States > Virginia > Counties > Bedford

LOOKING FOR PARENTAGE OF WILLIAM R BROWN My 5x ggrandfather isWilliam R Brown b1760 Fairfax VA. Moved young to Bedford county much before his Rev war enlistment 1778, lived there after till abt 1805,...

Re: Lena Wile Posted on: 21 Apr 2016, by  Penjdnick

Surnames > Wile

Hi, I have Lena Wile as the daughter of Obediah Wile (son of Albert Wile and Lucille Ann Weagle) and Mary E Meisner. This is the only Obediah Wile I have that is married to a "Mary E". Also this Obediah and M...

Obediah (Obadiah) Ledford m. Lydia (Roberts?)1840's North Carolina??? Posted on: 07 May 2016, by  Kristine Watk...

Surnames > Ledford

...to the Ledford lines and need help building my tree. I am finding conflicting resports regarding an Obediah Ledford b. abt 1826 NC and d. abt 1908 madison Co Nc. Married a Lydia Roberts? I have been trying t...

Re: WRIGHT, OBEDIAH M. Posted on: 27 Aug 2016, by  DoloresWBeave...

Surnames > Wright

Hi Glenda, What kind of help do you need? Obediah/Obadiah's middle name was Conaster. I can give you some information of him and is descendants. I can give you his birth,death, and marriage date. He married...

Re: KEATHLEY Posted on: 15 Jul 2016, by  HL2604

Localities > North America > United States > States > Texas > Counties > Lampasas

...I'll not overwhelm you with info but there is lots of documentation online. Both of Elsie's parents (Obediah C. Prestridge [1806-1880] and Mary "Polly" Ann Gilmer Prestridge [1861-1881]) have find...

Re: Reubin Echols b. 1780-1790 d. after 1840 Posted on: 06 Jul 2016, by  Laura Layton

Localities > North America > United States > States > Georgia > Counties > Oglethorpe

Maj. John Winn/Wynne who married Susanna Owen was the son of: Obediah Wynne, Sr. b.1757 ,Halifax, VA d.bef 27 Jul 1801 ,Wilkes, GA m]4 Mar 1786 ,Caswell, NC to Leona Oney Bolton d/o Charles Bolton & Eliz...

Mark M. Leonard in Georgia Posted on: 14 Aug 2016, by  Louise Dorfma...

Surnames > Leonard

I am looking for information on Mark M. Leonard, father of Lemuel Doak, Obediah Luke, and Watson Weatherly. According to the tombstone located in Murray County Georgia, he was a Mason and died in 1891. I a...

Gamaliel Earles (b1710) decendants Posted on: 02 Aug 2016, by  LarryEarles19...

Surnames > Earle

I'm am looking for known decendants of Gamaliel Earles (b1710), father to Obediah Earle (b1755), father to William Earls (b1788), father to William EarlesJr (b1820). I believe I may be a branch from W. Earle...

Re: Albemarle Parish records-1779 Posted on: 31 Jul 2016, by  treefind4fun

Localities > North America > United States > States > Virginia > Counties > Sussex

..."six other children... viz. Leah North, Polly (Mary) Reeves, Robert E. Echols, Absolom Echols, Obediah Echols and Betsy Fagg." The will was written in 1823 and probated in 1825.

Re: Margaret Mills Lewisville New Brunswick Posted on: 26 Jul 2016, by  Dawn Edlund

Localities > North America > Canada > New Brunswick > Westmorland

Hi. I had a bit of spare time, so did some digging for you. This is not, otherwise, a family that I am researching. Stephen Mills married Margaret Faulkner on 24 Jan 1856 in Westmorland Co., N.B. ...

Obediah Holcombe had 3 wives Posted on: 29 Jul 2016, by  D M Silfies

Surnames > Holcombe

I have transcribed Obediah Holcombe's last will and testament below and it appears Obediah only had 12 children with his FIRST wife, then he had 2 daughters with his LAST wife and 4 children with his PRESENT wife. ...

Re: mary snow...indian Posted on: 01 Jul 2016, by  ROBERT SNOW

Surnames > Snow

My Great,Great Granmother was named Ruth and married to my Great Great Granfather Obediah Snow, Are we related?

Gamaliel Earles (b1710) Posted on: 27 Jul 2016, by  LarryEarles19...

Surnames > Earls

I'm am looking for known decendants of Gamaliel Earles (b1710), father to Obediah Earle (b1755), father to William Earls (b1788), father to William EarlesJr (b1820). I believe I may be a branch from W. Earle...

Gamaliel Earles (b1710) Posted on: 27 Jul 2016, by  LarryEarles19...

Surnames > Earl

11 families of Brown! Posted on: 26 May 2016, by  Amanda Hasty

Localities > North America > United States > States > Virginia > Counties > Bedford

I am classified under group 48 of the Brown DNA project. My ancestor is William R Brown, he is listed as born 1760 Fairfax VA, but was shortly removed to Bedford well before his Rev war enlistment 177...

Gamaliel Earles (b 1710) Ancestry Posted on: 27 Jul 2016, by  LarryEarles19...

Surnames > Earles

Re: JAMES LEAVELL CULPEPER VA 1700-1800'S Posted on: 30 Jun 2016, by  Paulette Leav...

Surnames > Leavell

...1776, Sarah L. b.April 20, 1778, John b April 17, 1783, James b.Jan 28, 1785, Priscilla b. Feb 19, 1787, Obediah b. Feb 16, 1789, Benjamin b. Mar 18, 1791 (married Martha S. Drane-1822) and Gabriel b. Oct. 3...

William R Brown b1760 Fairfax, lived in Bedford county Posted on: 26 May 2016, by  Amanda Hasty

LOOKING FOR PARENTAGE OF WILLIAM R BROWN William R Brown b1760 Fairfax VA. Moved young to Bedford county much before his Rev war enlistment 1778, lived there after till abt 1805, thence removed to Wa...

William R Brown b1760 FairfaxVA, lived in Bedford VA Posted on: 26 May 2016, by  Amanda Hasty

Localities > North America > United States > States > Virginia > Counties > Fairfax

LOOKING FOR PARENTAGE OF WILLIAM R BROWN William R Brown b1760 Fairfax VA. Moved young to Bedford county much before his Rev war enlistment 1778, lived there after till abt 1805, thence removed to Wa...

William R Brown, b1760 Fairfax VA Posted on: 10 May 2016, by  Amanda Hasty

Surnames > Brown

...Needing help locating parentage, siblings, etc. William served in Rev War, was lifelong friends with Obediah Scott. Moved entire family through Ohio county KY to settle in Ste Genevieve MO by 1818. Daughte...

Obediah Mash Posted on: 12 May 2016, by  DJ Warrick

...name is Dottie Warrick, my 3rd great grandfather was Leonard Jackson Mash. My 4th great grandfather was Obediah Mash but known as Cherokee Headman. I am new to ancestry.com and new to researching my ancestor...

Re: Obediah Nevill Posted on: 30 Apr 2016, by  ubeestar

Surnames > Neville

Hiya Sara, as far as I know he married Martha Ann Connely., but about another wife have no idea. He is buried in the Nevil's cemetery forgot which town it is off hand. She is from Ga. Then went to s.c...

Re: Obediah Nevill Posted on: 30 Apr 2016, by  ubeestar

Surnames > Neville

Hi Jan, sorry but the spelling I gave you is what is on his headstone and some papers that my 2nd cousin has . the headstone is in the Nevil's cemetery forgot if it is in klien, barn well, blackville ...

Re: Obediah Nevill Posted on: 24 May 2016, by  ubeestar

Surnames > Neville

By any chance that he married Elizabeth gardener? That is who I have for Aphelia Delphi Nevils

Re: Walter and Alvira Moody Posted on: 18 May 2016, by  Crystal Nerse...

Surnames > Moody

...looking. Walter Brown Moody and Alvira Russell are my 3rd great grandparents. Walter was the son of Obediah Brown Moody and Mehitable Bean. Walter was born 8 December 1828 in Corinna, Penobscot County, ...

Re: Obediah Nevill Posted on: 24 May 2016, by  ubeestar

Surnames > Neville

You are very welcomed, Jan.

Re: Father of John Red Buck Chisholm Posted on: 26 Apr 2016, by  chishwl

Surnames > Chisholm

...Good luck in your search and please post what you find. BTW I am out of the John and Ellender line via Obediah. W.L. CHISHOLM

Re: Daniel Brown died 1834 Posted on: 26 May 2016, by  Amanda Hasty

Localities > North America > United States > States > Tennessee > Counties > Bedford

...but worth a try. This family of Browns were highly intertwined with William Scotts family, and son Obediah until their relocation to the southeast MO area.

Re: Welsh Miles Posted on: 18 Jun 2016, by  PinkElephant2

Surnames > Miles

...of Francis. James Richard James (Hannah PUGH) James III (Rebecca HOLTON) James IV (Christine PICKEL) Obediah (Lavina ARMAGOST) Jerimiah C (Olive Jane BROOKS) George Franklin (Sarah Pearl WIANT) Jerry Raymon...

Re: Chester Obediah and Rose Warner Miles Posted on: 22 May 2016, by  LilaLila63

Localities > North America > United States > States > Pennsylvania > Counties > Tioga

Hi, Good to hear from you. My grandmother was a sister to your grandfather, Chet Miles. My grandmother was Caroline Rosella Miles , born on April 8, 1896 to George William Mason and Anna Taylor M...

per page