Search for content in message boards

Joel Cross, Elizabeth Neville, William Cross, Susannah Lane, Elizabeth Dimmit, Zachariah Cross

Replies: 0

Joel Cross, Elizabeth Neville, William Cross, Susannah Lane, Elizabeth Dimmit, Zachariah Cross

Posted: 1481164930000
Classification: Query
Surnames: Cross, Dimmitt, Lane, Neville, Brown
Hello Cross kin,

I am trying to locate proof of Joel Cross' parents. Online genealogies list Zachariah Cross and Elizabeth Dimmit as his parents but with no proof.

I suspect that William Cross and Susannah Lane are the parents of Joel Cross.

In the marriage record of Harriet Clementine Cross to James Jackson Brown, Joel Cross is named as her father. This record notes that Harriet was 20 years old when she married in 1847 in Clark, Arkansas.

Online sources give conflicting dates of birth for Joel Cross, ranging from 1798 to 1808.

Elizabeth Dimmit was born in 1740. This would make her anywhere from 48 years old to 68 years old at the time of Joel's birth, which is why I do not believe that it is likely that Zachariah Cross and Elizabeth Dimmit are the parents of Joel Cross.

Joel Cross is located in the 1840, Shelby County, Alabama Census.

Captain William Cross and Susannah Lane were also residing in Shelby County, Alabama, unlike Zachariah Cross and Elizabeth Dimmit, which leads me to suspect that they are more likely to be the parents of Joel Cross.

William Cross died in Shelby County, Alabama in 1845 and left behind a will, of which I have ordered a copy.

I have also seen an online post mentioning John F. George's bible, which lists William Cross and Susannah Lane. Should anyone have a copy of this bible, along with the title page, I would greatly appreciate a photo copy.

Is anyone else researching this family?

Find a board about a specific topic