Matthew M. McKinney, 1961-1999 [obit]

Replies: 0

Matthew M. McKinney, 1961-1999 [obit]

Posted: 1139608825000
Classification: Obituary
Surnames: McKinney, Bruso, Cloutier, Conklin, Herringshaw
THE DAILY STAR (Oneonta, NY) Tuesday, January 5, 1999

Matthew McKinney
RICHFIELD SPRINGS — Matthew M. McKinney, 37, of Elm Street, died unexpectedly on Sunday evening, Jan. 3, 1999, as a result of a snowmobile accident.
He was born on Feb. 12, 1961, in Ilion, a son of Carlton Thomas and Dorothy Bruso McKinney.
A lifelong area resident, he graduated from Herkimer High School. A United States Army veteran, he served as MP in England, Germany, Labador and the states until his honorable discharge in 1991.
On Feb. 1, 1986, he married Lisa Cloutier in Mohawk. He had been employed as a serviceman for Titan Mobile Homes Inc., located in Sangerfield, since 1991.
Matthew was a devoted family man. He enjoyed nature and all the outdoor sports with each changing season. Fishing, hunting and snowmobiling were among his favorite pastime events. He was also a devoted fan of Dale Jerrett.
He was an Eagle Scout, a member of the Snow Topper Snow Mobile Club, a member of DAV No. 162, where he had served as senior vice-commander, a life member of the American Legion Herkimer as well as a member of the Richfield Springs Vets Club.
Surviving besides his wife, Lisa, and his parents, Carlton "Tom" and Dorothy McKinney of Herkimer, are his children, Eric, April, Kelly, Krystal and Allyson, all of the home address; one brother, Michael and his wife, Debra of Mohawk; two sisters, Michele Conklin and her husband, Mark of Ilion, and Marcia McKinney of Herkimer; his mother and father-in-law, Linda and Thomas Herringshaw of Portlandville; four sister-in-laws; three brother-in-laws; and their families, aunts, uncles, nieces, nephews, cousins and many very special friends.
Funeral services will be on Thursday, Jan. 7, 1999, at 10 a.m. in J. Seaton McGrath Funeral Home, 5 W. James St., Richfield Springs.
Matthew will then be placed in the J. Seaton McGrath Funeral Home Private Receiving Vault to await burial with full military honors in Oak Hill Cemetery next spring.
Calling hours will be Wednesday, from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 p.m.
Memorial donations may be made to the Richfield Springs Volunteer Rescue Squad.
==========
DISCLAIMERS:
Not related, no further details.
Original obituary may be found at:
http://www.thedailystar.com/news/community/obits/1999/01/ob0...
-----------------
I thought it might be helpful to [Ancestry.com] subscribers if I posted obituaries from my local paper's online edition, a project that will take some time.
THE DAILY STAR went online on 1 July 1998 and all spelling and grammar is theirs. I'm currently working on [January 1999]. For additional information, please search through Ancestry's other databases.

Find a board about a specific topic