Search for content in message boards

Photos: William & Statira Britton

Photos: William & Statira Britton

Posted: 1025731480000
Classification: Query
Found in an Antique store in Westerville, Ohio. Two Cabinet Cards. The first taken by LeRue Lemer, Harrisburg, PA. Written on the back:

"Grandfather Britton, W W"

The second taken by D C Moll, Shippensburg, PA. Written on the back:

"Grandmother Britton, Statira K Keasey - (DAR book)"

This seems the match the following family from 1880:

1800 Upper Strasburg, Franklin, Pennsylvania Page 139D
Relation Sex Marr Race Age Birthplace
William W. BRITTON Self M M W 47 PA
Statira C. BRITTON Wife F M W 44 PA
Lydia E. BRITTON Dau F S W 22 PA
William E. BRITTON Son M S W 19 PA
Maria E. BRITTON Dau F S W 17 PA
John K. BRITTON Son M S W 14 PA
Mary A. BRITTON Dau F S W 12 PA
Ida S. BRITTON Dau F S W 9 PA
Louise C. BRITTON Dau F S W 6 PA
Warren M. BRITTON Son M S W 2 PA

Joecan

Re: Photos: William & Statira Britton

Posted: 1039115481000
Edited: 1080055270000
The photo you have is of my great grandparents. Warren Britton in the photo isof my grandfather. William,s father came from Ireland in 1818 with mother Letetia and two sisters.Mother died during the voyage and the sisters went out to Ohio.Is there any info on the photo as to who owned it? I have a copy of the photo. hobart hughes

Posted: 1109124287000
Edited: 1121623416000
Any chance he looked like this photo? Do you still have it? Can you scan it? No relation to me, but I am interested.

George Pugh
Belleville, Illinois
Attachments:

Posted: 1109163870000
I haven't looked at it for awhile, but I think it's the same man. I'll scan when I get home.

Posted: 1109165360000
Edited: 1114958468000
The posted photo is that of William Warren Britton of Upper Strasburg, PA. who was my great grandfather. His father came from Ireland in the early 1800's.

Posted: 1109196732000
Here's a scan of their faces.
Attachments:

Posted: 1109201682000
Edited: 1121623416000
Surnames: Pugh
Looks like the same photo as in a book I have about Upper Strasburg entitled "Some Early History of Upper Strasburg, Pennsylvania" compiled by William W. Britton, 1972. William W. Britton (I think) was your photo of WW Britton's grandson. He was a friend of my father and signed the book for him. Let me know if you want any information from the book.

George

Posted: 1109259160000
Edited: 1114958468000
George: William W. Britton,author, was my uncle and his father was Warren Murray Britton who lived in Upper Strasburgh all of his life. Had a dairy farm. I spent time up there in the summer with other cousins and had a lot of fun. I believe that I have a copy of the book. thanks. hobart

Posted: 1508242473000
Surnames: Keasey, Britton, Minehart, Angle, Schuler
William Warren Britton and Statira Keasey Britton were my great great great grandparents. It's cool seeing their photo, thanks for sharing.

Their daughter Ida Statira Britton married Charles Dutt Minehart. Their daughter Elizabeth Minehart "Betty" married Ralph George Angle . Then their daughter Jean Louise Angle married Robert Dean Schuler "Bob". Their son Stephen James Schuler is my father.

I knew my great grandma Betty because she lived to be 102, she loved to play Bridge with her friends. My grandma Jean and grandpa Bob are still alive and are almost in their 90's now.

Posted: 1535586425000
Do you know if they had any family in Tennessee or were related to anyone else in the Belleville, Illinois area?

Thank you,
Michelle
per page

Find a board about a specific topic