Search for content in message boards

Vrankovich Family Crest

Replies: 1

Vrankovich Family Crest

Posted: 1481114349000
Classification: Query
Surnames: Vrankovich
I have been given some information to help me find a family crest. I have been unable to find anything helpful. I will outline the most important parts of my information. If anyone can guide me as to where to go from here I would deeply appreciate it.

The furthest in the family I have been able to identify is:

Anton (Tony) Vrankovich
1877–1925
Birth 28 MAY 1877 • Svirce, Island Havar, Croatia
Death 12 DEC 1925 • Alameda, California, USA

All spelling of Vrankovich I have so far has been with a 'ch' at the end. This letter has it without the h.

Letter from Vrankovich Family states:

the 2 photos (see attached) were taken in the court yard of a distant Vrankovic family member at their house in Stari Grad, island of Hvar. The first is the family crest and the 2nd is an inscription regarding the family....
Vrankovic family originated in Bosnia Herzegovia in 10 century in the area of the Vran mountains....
Story has it a distant relative fought on the side of the Croatian king against the Turks, in the 10 century, but they lost. The king allowed the family member to use the Raven on the family crest (the Raven was used on the king's family crest). The family then moved to an area above the mountain range east of Split....
Then they finally came to the island of Hvar as peasant workers ....
The Raven is standing on 3 rolling mountain with 2 valleys. That represents a mountain area on the island by the village of Dol (means valle) where the family has properties...
Attachments:
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
heidijensen98... 1481114349000 
gjks 1482730986000 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic