I am descended from John Proctor & Elizabeth Thorndike through their son Thorndike:
John PROCTOR was born 1632 in Assington, Suffolk, England. John married (1) about 1655 to Martha __________. He married (2) 1662 to Elizabeth THORNDIKE. He married (3) in 1674 to Elizabeth BASSETT. She married (2) about 1696 to Daniel RICHARDS.
Children of John PROCTOR and Martha __________
10. John PROCTOR died Oct 1658 in Ipswich
11. Martha PROCTOR died 14 Oct 1658 in Ipswich ,
12. Mary PROCTOR born 1 Jan 1657/1658 in Ipswich; died 14 Oct 1658 ,
13. Benjamin PROCTOR born 1659 in Ipswich; died 1720 in Danvers, Essex County, Massachusetts (NOTE: Salem Village was later renamed Danvers). He married in 1694 in Lynn, Essex County, Massachusetts, widow Mary (BUCKLEY) WHITTREDGE, who was imprisoned for witchcraft in 1692.
Children of John PROCTOR and Elizabeth THORNDIKE
14. Elizabeth PROCTOR born 1663 died 1736 married 1681 Thomas VERY
15. Martha PROCTOR born 1 Apr 1665 died 10 May 1665 , ,
16. Martha PROCTOR born 4 Jun 1666 died after 1682
17. Mary PROCTOR born 20 Oct 1667 died 15 Feb 1667/1668 ,
18. John PROCTOR born 28 Oct 1668 ,
19. Mary PROCTOR born 30 Jan 1669 in Salem
20. Thorndike PROCTOR born 15 July 1672 in Salem. He married 15 Dec 1697 to Hannah FELTON in Salem. He died 1758 in Danvers, Essex County, Massachusetts.
Children of John PROCTOR and Elizabeth BASSETT
21. William PROCTOR born 6 Dec 1674 or 1675 , . He married Jemima COLLINS 12 Nov 1727 in Lynn, Essex County, Massachusetts.
22. Sarah PROCTOR born 28 Jan 1676 She married about 1696, to __________ MUNION.
23. Samuel PROCTOR born 11 Jan 1685 died 16 Mar 1765
24. Elisha PROCTOR born 28 Apr 1687 died 11 Sept 1688
25. Abigail PROCTOR born 27 Jan 1689
26. John PROCTOR born 27 Jan 1692/1693
Sources include these books, I own a few and others I got from the library:
-Proctor Genealogy circa 1546 to 1982
-The Devil Discovered
-The History of the Town of Danvers, from itâ€™s Earliest Settlement to 1848, by J.W. Hanson, copyright 1848, published by the author, printed at the Courier Office, Danvers, Massachusetts
-The Salem Witch Trials, A Day-By-Day Chronicle of a Community Under Siege, by Marilynne K. Roach, Taylor copyright 2002, Trade Publishing, Lanham, Maryland
-House of John Proctor, Witchcraft Martyr, 1692, by William P. Upham, copyright 1904, Press of C.H. Shephard, Peabody, Massachusetts,
-Puritan City, The Story of Salem, by Frances Win war, King County Library System 917.44, copyright 1938, Robert M. McBride & County, New York.
-The Visionary Girls â€“ Witchcraft in Salem Village
-Chronicles of Old Salem â€“ A History in Miniature
-The Witchcraft of Salem Village
-The Devil in Massachusetts, A Modern Enquiry Into the Salem Witch Trials, by Marion L. Starkey, King County Library System, copyright 1949, Anchor Books / Doubleday Books, New York
-by Karne Zeinert, King County Library System Y974.45 ZEI, published by Franklin Watts, New York, 1989.
-History of Massachusetts-Bay, by Thomas Hutchinson, II,
-Witchcraft, Magic & Religion in 17th Century Massachusetts
-The Salem witchcraft papers : verbatim transcripts of the legal documents of the Salem witchcraft outbreak of 1692 / compiled and transcribed in 1938 by the Works Progress Administration, under the supervision of Archie N. Frost ; edited and with an introduction and index by Paul Boyer and Stephen Nissenbaum; Electronic Text Center, University of Virginia Library; pg. 662; Essex County Archives, Salem -- Witchcraft Vol. 1 Page 24;