- Manifests of Alien Arrivals at Algonac, Marine City, Roberts Landing, Saint Clair, and Sault Sainte Marie, Michigan, 1903-1955, Microfilm publication A3429, 8 rolls. ARC ID: 4499055. Records of the Immigration and Naturalization Service, Record Group 85; National Archives at Washington, D.C.
Crew Lists of Vessels Arriving at Alpena, Bay City, Mackinac Island, Rogers City, Saginaw, and Saint Clair, Michigan, June 1945-September 1965, Microfilm publication A3430, 6 rolls. ARC ID: 4477215. Records of the Immigration and Naturalization Service, Record Group 85; National Archives at Washington, D.C.
Crew Lists of Vessels Arriving at Hancock, Isle of Royale, Marquette, Menominee, and Sault Sainte Marie, Michigan, January 1946-January 1957, NARA microfilm publication A3432, 4 rolls. ARC ID: 4510120. Records of the Immigration and Naturalization Service, Record Group 85; National Archives at Washington, D.C.
Manifests of Alien Arrivals at Port Huron, Michigan, February 1902-December 1954, Microfilm publication A3441, 41 rolls. ARC ID: 4492484. Records of the Immigration and Naturalization Service, Record Group 85; National Archives at Washington, D.C.
This database contains the following Immigration and Naturalization Service (INS) records:
- Crew lists of vessels arriving at:
- Alpena, Michigan (May 27, 1948-November 22, 1956)
- Bay City, Michigan (August 17, 1948-September 19, 1965)
- Hancock, Michigan (July 7-17, 1952)
- Isle Royale, Michigan (1946-1948)
- Mackinac Island, Michigan (May 14, 1946-August 31, 1956)
- Marquette, Michigan (June 7, 1946-November 20, 1956)
- Menominee, Michigan (June 6, 1949-October 14, 1956)
- Rogers City, Michigan (April 7, 1948-December 7, 1956)
- Saginaw, Michigan (July 21, 1949-June 16, 1964)
- Saint Clair, Michigan (June 27, 1945-January 4, 1956)
- Sault Sainte Marie, Michigan (January 1, 1946-January 1, 1957)
- Manifests of alien arrivals and some returning U.S. citizens at:
- Algonac, Michigan (1926-1954)
- Marine City, Michigan (1923-1955)
- Port Huron, Michigan (1902-1952)
- Roberts Landing (1917-1955)
- Saint Clair, Michigan (1910-1955)
- Sault Saint Marie, Michigan (1903-1955)
A variety of Immigration and Naturalization Service (INS) forms may have been used to record information about the passengers, crew members, or aliens. Different forms could be used depending on whether the individual was a passenger on a plane, passenger on a vessel, crew member, citizen, alien, etc. Forms have changed over time as well. Due to the variety of forms, the amount of information available for an individual in this database will vary according to the form used and the questions asked on it. The type of information that is generally contained in this database includes:
- Birth date
- Last residence
- Vessel or airline name
- Port of departure
- Port of arrival
- Date of arrival
Additional information about an individual may be recorded on the original document and may be obtained by viewing the corresponding image.
To learn about researching in passenger records consult John P. Colletta’s book, They Came In Ships (Salt Lake City: Ancestry, 1993).
For more information on these record collections and some historical background on immigration, please consult the NARA Descriptive Pamphlets for microfilm series A3429, A3430, A3432 and A3441.
Help preserve historical records for generations to come. Join the Ancestry World Archives Project, a collaborative effort involving thousands of people around the world keying digital records to make them free for everyone. Anyone can join, and you decide how much time you’ll contribute - as little as 15 minutes helps. Learn more.