This project contains church records from Newfoundland, Canada that took place between the years of 1793 and 1899. Church records are helpful in finding accurate names, dates, and places of vital events such as births, marriages, and deaths.
The baptism records found in this collection may include the following information:
- Name of child
- Names of parents
- Date of birth
- Place of birth
- Date of baptism
- Place where baptized
The marriage records found in this collection may include the following information:
- Date of marriage.
- Names of the bride and groom.
- Notes if the bride or groom were single or widowed.
- Names of witnesses.
- The bride’s and groom’s ages, residences, occupations, names of parents, and birthplaces.
- Names of previous marriage partners.
- A note whether a parent or other party gave permission for the marriage.