Imagine one version of your family tree that you can update from anywhere and always know you're accessing or sharing the very latest. New Family Tree Maker 2012 with TreeSync allows you to easily update your tree online from your desktop, your laptop, even your iPhone or iPad — and then simply click to sync so your tree is always up to date, no matter where you or your loved ones access it next.
What’s new in Family Tree Maker 2012?
- TreeSync — lets you easily synchronize your tree in Family Tree Maker with an online Ancestry.ca tree.
- Access and update your tree anywhere. Continue your research wherever you are whether it’s through your computer, Ancestry.ca, even your iPhone or iPad.
- Easily share your tree with your family, and even work on it together. Your family and friends can view the online version of your tree without any software or a subscription. They just login with their name and email and they can always see the latest version of your tree, and can even work on adding to it if you’d like them to.
- Collaborate with the largest, most active family history community in the world. You can keep your online tree private or make it public so that others researching your family can always find the latest version of your research. You may connect with others who have insight on your ancestors or even rare photos to share with you. And you may even find relatives you didn’t know you had.
- Blended family view — shows combined families, including stepfamilies and adoptees at a glance.
- Improved Smart Stories — give you new tools for adding and editing details.
- Chart personalization — lets you personalize charts by adding text and displaying generation labels such as parents, grandparents and great–grandparents.
- Index of individuals report — lists every individual in your tree, plus their birth, marriage and death dates.
- Customized fact sentences — let's you change wording and choose what data is included in sentences that Family Tree Maker generates for certain reports and Smart Stories.
- Descendent charts between two people — make it easy to choose two individuals in your tree and create a descendant chart that shows their relationship.
10 more reasons to get the new Family Tree Maker 2012 with TreeSync:
1. Access interactive street and satellite mapsView important locations in your ancestors’ lives. Or create a migration map showing where events in ancestors’ lives took place.
2. Easily organize mediaAdd photos, documents, audio and video in one, easy-to-access location. Link media to multiple people in your tree and incorporate them into charts and reports.
3. Share your work with othersUse templates to create beautiful family trees or design your own with powerful charting tools. Enhance charts with backgrounds, embellishments and family photos.
Recommended System Requirements:
- Windows 7 (32-bit or 64-bit)
- Hard disk space: 500 MB for installation
- Memory: 1 GB RAM
- Display 1024 x 768 resolution
- CD-ROM Drive
- All online features require Internet access